How to write Build-Depends

Hi.

I have a question about writing Build-Depends. When I made local deb
packages, I referred to kdebase source(kdebase-2.2.2) and the contents
of the Build-Depends confused me.  For example, we can find "zlib1g-dev
| libz-dev" in debian/control in kdebase.  I think "libz-dev" is a
virtual package, but I can't find it in virtual-package-names-list.txt
from cvs.debian.org(it must be the latest version of
virtual-package-names-list.txt).  Could anyone tell me other materials
written about virtual packages, or explain this phenomena?

--
 Hidetaka Iwai
 tyuyu@sings.jp