Re: Klez.H worm preserved in Debian BTS

IMO, SpamAssassin is no replacement for anti-virus scanning software.

  http://spamassassin.org/faq.html

> Does SpamAssassin filter email-borne viruses as well as spam?
>
> No. SpamAssassin is focussed on identifying spam, and not viruses.
> The mechanism of scanning for viruses is different, and software
> tailored for virus scanning is much much better at this task. It is
> possible that in future versions that SA will include hooks to call
> out to external virus scanners, but SA itself is unlikely to attempt
> such functionality itself.

I did try a cursory search of debian-devel and debian-debbugs for
relevant posts, but I'm afraid I didn't try very many combinations of
keywords.  The search function doesn't seem to have indexed the most
recent posts.  Next time, I'll try looking through debian-devel-announce
first.

http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/searchlists?query=spamassassin&lists=devel-announce
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2002/debian-devel-announce-200210/msg00010.html

Finally, I haven't been paying attention so much as I am not subscribed
to debian-devel[-announce] and don't read these lists regularly.  I will
go subscribe to debian-devel-announce now.

Thanks for implementing SpamAssassin on lists.d.o, though.  I'm sure that
was not an easy task, and it will be a big improvement.

Dave