Re: bug #166190

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 09:02:28PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Yes. It wasn't delivered to you due to a bug in the BTS, triggered when
> > somebody puts random garbage characters in the Package: line (typically
> > something like "Package: foo Version: bar" all on one line). I have a
> > rough idea what needs to be done to fix it, but haven't yet tested it.
>
> Maybe this is the whole windows+dos/unix/mac line ending problem?

I was under the impression it was the "if sendmail returns a non-zero
exit code, scripts/process dies partway through processing the incoming
message" problem. I think we discussed it a couple of weeks back.

Differing line endings usually just cause the BTS to get confused about
the package name (should be easy to fix, given testing), but the log
doesn't get partially written as in this case.