Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 06:46:16PM -0400, Luke Seubert wrote:

> On the other hand, the supposed desktop champion Mandrake 9.0 has an entire
> subfolder devoted to X terminals, and you can choose from about six or seven
> different ones.  This is great for power users, but it is totally confusing
> and pointless for newbies.

It's not even great for power users; I expect power users to use exactly
one terminal emulator and to be able to either put a laucher on their
desktop or change the menus appropriately.

Apart from that I agree wholeheartedly with what you wrote.

 - Sebastian