Re: Further meandering thoughts on Debian Desktop

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 20:13, Colin Walters wrote:

[better security updates]

> I think it would be better to just improve a GUI package manager so that
> it knows about security updates, and will make them a high priority.
> This would be fairly easy to implement in the backend; all we'd need to
> do is add a Priority: high field or something to the Packages file.
> Then the frontend could just color those red, display them separately,
> whatever.

$ cat /etc/apt/preferences
[...]
Package: *
Pin: release l=Debian-Security,a=stable
Pin-Priority: 700
[...]

afaics backend support is already done. All that's needed is to make
sure this will *always* (in the future) catch security updates, and
frontend support.

Did I already say how much I like apt? :-)

cheers
-- vbi

--
this email is protected by a digital signature   http://fortytwo.ch/gpg