Re: kernel upgrade

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 08:29:50PM -0700, np rpr wrote:
> I am a new debian user.. and I will like to how can I upgrade my
> kernel using the debian's .deb .

I think the debian-user mailing list is the more appropriate list for
you to ask questions like this. Please see
<http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/subscribe> for descriptions of the
various Debian mailing lists.

To answer your question: yes you can upgrade your kernel using the
prepackaged kernel-image-x.x.xx-xxx packages available from the Debian
archives. You can download these manually or can install them via apt.
See the apt(8) and sources.list(5) manual pages on your system for more
information.

> One more thing when I am trung to use dkpg I am getting error.

Please be more specific. The developers will need to know your version
of dpkg installed, the error messages you are getting, and what you are
doing to encounter this error so that it can be reproduced. The
reportbug utility will also be useful in using Debian's Bug Tracking
System for bug reports, however the above information will be required
there as well.

> Is there anyway to upgrade both directly throgh internet.

Please see above pointer to apt. If you have further questions please
continue to ask on the debian-user mailing list and not here. Good luck
fixing things.

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  : http://jijo.free.net.ph      : When we speak of free
Network Administrator : The Leather Collection, Inc. : software we refer to