Re: APPEAL FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 07:46:23PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
>
> > On 20021018T151937+0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > * Users know whether or not their messages reach the list. If there is
> > > "spamicity" in a legitimate email, users may remove the spamicity and
> > > resubmit again.
> >
> > This is only possible if spammish mails bounce to the sender.
>
> So everybody claims the lists are archived everywhere, indexed by
> search engines, distributed by news gateways, and now a legitimate user
> needs a bounce to be sure that his posting did not reach the list? :-)

archives only updated daily and crawlers dont crawl overly often, so you
would not be able to check immediately if your message got posted.

if on the other hand you got a bounce message, you would know imediately
that yuor message was classified as spam, and probably even why. if we
start rejecting legitimate mail by lowering the spammassasin required
hits number, we should at least be courteous enough to send message to
users telling them why.

--
gram