Re: Spam: process the web archives?

While munging email addressess is controversial (I support it,
spammers tend to use the easisest sources, so making address harvesting
harder will move them elsewhere), I think the least we could do would
be directing adding spamtrap address to archive pages, that get
directed to razor/dcc/pyzor/whatever. We could use our closed
mailing-lists as well as spamtraps. For those users who by mistake
send a mail to these spamtrap addressess a polite "sorry, this address
doesn't exist, see http://www.debian.org/MailinLists/ for a correct
address. As these address mostly recieve spam, the mail you sent was
marked as such, so rephrase your mailing before sending to a valid
list".

--
Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 40 8476974          --+--