Re: filing bug reports on 2002-10-14 to remove above packages from unstable

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 08:00:29AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Next Monday, I will file reports for `ftp.debian.org' to remove above
> mentioned packages from Debian unstable. They all have filed at least
> one serious bug report, that they are not installable in the current
> unstable distribution.

python-plplot does not build with g++-3.2[0] (which gets dragged in as
Build-Dependancy by python2.2-dev[1]), and these are just the python
bindings for plplot.

I guess you can only remove source packages, so removing plplot just
because its python-bindings are uninstallable at the moment seems a bit
too rude if you ask me.

As much as I applaud your step to threaten removal in order to finish
the python-transition, I question that generally a package being
uninstallable in unstable justifies its removal, especially if there are
no reverse-depends on it.

cheers,

Michael

--
[0] http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/plplot_5.1.0-1.1.log
[1] WTF does python2.2-dev depend on g++-3.2 anyway?