Re: gcc-3.2 migration

#include <hallo.h>
* Jack Howarth [Thu, Oct 10 2002, 10:41:04AM]:
>    Actually, after I pointed out our db1-compat build problems because
> of the incorrect use of -D_LIBC outside of a glibc build, Roland
> put a stub in for glibc 2.3.1 which issues an explicit error message
> if you try to do that.

Whatever, could anyone summarize what exactly is needed on which arch to
make the transition go on? I cannot see anything specific, so IMHO
people just do not want to make extra work. But someone should begin.

I made a fuzzy scan and trace back of packages that may be infected with
g++-3.2 code:
http://people.debian.org/~blade/g++stats/c++potential-binary-packages.txt
More than half of them may be false alarms, but even so you can see that
there is some work to do.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Profitip No. 413:
Zeit sparen durch Rebooten im Hintergrund.