Re: dpkg-statoverride question

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 12:17:13PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Just another quick thought: what do your {pre,post}rm scripts do with
> regards to dpkg-statoverride?  Have you remembered to enclose any
> calls in the postrm with something like: if [ "$1" = purge ]; then
> dpkg-statoverride --remove ...; fi?

I am not going to contribute to this discussion anymore.

(read: you might start laughing at my mistake...)

;-)

case "$1" in
    remove|upgrade|deconfigure)
#       install-info --quiet --remove /usr/info/amavis-perl.info.gz
        for i in /var/lib/amavis /var/lib/amavis/virusmails /var/run/amavis
        do
                dpkg-statoverride --remove $i
        done
        ;;
    failed-upgrade)
        ;;
    *)
        echo "prerm called with unknown argument \`$1'" >&2
        exit 1
    ;;
esac

I looked for a postrm, but couldn't find one, I never thought
of looking for a prerm file :-(. Now why did I do that?

I probably should move this code to the purge rule of postrm...
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>