Re: RFC: some new deb package flag: "upgrade-conflicts"

> I don't really see any reason why the same approach that is used for
> shared library ABIs will not also work for any other ABI.

Compatibility with other distributions.
People expect certain programs to behave a certain way; if debian is the
only distribution that calls an outdated version of "bogofilter" still
bogofilter, and to get the bogofilter everybody else uses you need to
install "bogofilter3" and call it "bogofilter3" - that's not a solution.

Greetings,
Erich