RE: RFC: Moving libraries to /lib?

Hello,

> How does ash solve this problem?  And if ash is able to close these NSS
> libs cleanly when not in use, is there any reason bash can't as well?
> (I see ash does have a reference to getpwnam(), so at least in theory it
> will load NSS modules.)

ash/dash only calls getpwnam() for tilde expansion which is not used in
shutdown scripts (it can be made a policy if needed), so it does not
load the NSS modules. bash calls getpwuid() during its startup so the
NSS modules will always be loaded.

Gabor

p.s. Sorry for the incorrect In-Reply-To:, but I'm not on the list and
the web mail archive does not expose the Message-ID: fields of messages

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary