Re: What's up with mips and mipsel buildd?

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 03:36:38PM -0700, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	What is going on with the mips and mipsel buildd processes? It
> seems like it is selectively decided to build some packages but not
> others...

Nothing special?  Every arch has its quirks...

> libfwbuilder_0.10.9-1 on September 11th. All arches with buildd
> processes (alpha, arm, hppa, ia64, m68k, powerpc, s390, sparc) except
> mips and mipsel tried to compile fwbuilder on the 12th but failed until
> the 18th when I uploaded libfwbuilder_0.10.9-2... All arches INCLUDING
> mips and mipsel had the new upload of libfwbuilder compiled either later

mips and mipsel were busy on the 12th, so what?

> that day or early the next morning; however mips and mipsel have not
> attempted to compile fwbuilder since 1.0.1-1 back on April 11th...

This is because the 1.0.1-1 upload removed -O2 from the build options, and
mips and mipsel failed with a binutils error.  I didn't notice the lack of
-O2, and moved the packages to wait for a compiler that doesn't generate
as much code that runs into the problem.

> 	Now the only thing besides both libfwbuilder and fwbuilder
> being under 10 days in unstable is mips and mipsel being out of date and
> this seems to have been a constant problem. Are these buildds not

"constant problem"

> automated like the others? And if not why not?

I've fixed fwbuilder, everything else is building just fine, so I don't see
what the big deal is?

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.