Re: apt-get url

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 04:44:34PM -0400, Deedra Waters wrote:
> I apologize for that. probably about ten minutes after I sent that message
> I tried again, and it installed the package.
> *feels slightly stupid*

No, don't, you've stumbled upon a real bug there, and thank you for bringing
our attention to it. Someone else also noticed it two days ago and notified
us, but at the time I thought it was a one-time problem.

http.us.debian.org is a single name for what is actually six different
servers -- when you try to download something from it, you get a randomly
chosen one of those six. That time you hit a weak link; if you tried
immediately afterwards, you'd probably have hit a working one.

And in fact, problem is now fixed :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.