Re: ISDN - support

Hi,

NOTE: questions like this should probably be asked on the debian-user
mailing list.

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 14:28, Ilja Vladimirov wrote:

> There are a lot of people using an ISDN-card, the "AVM Fritz! PCI v 2.0", but
> unfortunately neither Potato nor Woody supports this card. Perhaps you
> could do s.th. for these people (like me)? It's the one and only
> reason I don't use Debian!!

A Linux driver is available at
ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/fritzcrd.pci/linux/suse.80/fcpci-suse8.0-03.09.10.tar.gz

Although the thing is labeled 'SuSE', it should work for Debian, too.

The kernel drivers are released under LGPL - it should be possible to
package it. But the archive also contains some binary only libraries, I
don't know if these are necessary to get the card working at all, or if
they only contain some extras. If it's the first, packaging it wouldn't
make sense...

cheers
-- vbi

P.S.: that's just what I found on a quick search. I don't use ISDN, so
I've no idea what further issues might be involved.

--
secure email with gpg                           http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: subkey signature! request key 92082481 from keyserver.kjsl.com