Re: dh_make debian/rules clean target

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 03:17:16PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> What happens if the files in autotools-dev are updated to support a new
> architecture between the time you upload the package and the time
> somebody attempts to build it for that architecture? This is quite
> likely in the case of a new port.
>
> As far as I can tell, this is about half of the point of autotools-dev.
> I don't use it myself (yet?), but if you're going to use it then you
> might as well do so properly.

So why not make autotools-dev build-essential? This would ensure that
buildd's always have the newest version, without maintainers having to
change every debian/{rules|control} file.

Just a thought.

Michael

--
"Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the
galaxy can make that claim."