Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 06:56:09PM +0200, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> Forcing people to do without a package because one took the burden to
> care about it freely but is not willing to carry that burden is not
> correct. It's a problem that respective person has to solve for
> him/herself, not for the other people.

Forcing Debian to handle a package indefinitely because someone once upon a
time stuffed it into our hands is also incorrect. It's a problem that the
respective users have to solve for themselves by having one of them pick it
up, not Debian's problem.

In the end, it always comes down to those who do the work, and it's obvious
who's (not) doing work in case of unmaintained packages.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.