Re: wanting to package wpoison

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:00:36PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
>> Redistribution and use in source form ONLY, with or without
>> modification, is permitted provided that the following conditions are
>> met:
>
> "source form ONLY" is not compliant with "...must allow distribution
> in source code as well as compiled form." See section 2 of DFSG.

More than that, this license strictly read doesn't even enable you to
*use* the software, as you can't (normally) use a perl script without
compiling it into bytecode. [Now, I assume that this was not the
intention of the developer, and you could probably get a judgement
either way, but license writing is best left to professionals.]

Don Armstrong

--
I never until now realized that the primary job of any emoticon is to
say "excuse me, that didn't make any sense." ;-P  -- Cory Doctorow

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu