lintian work in progress

I will be uploading snapshots to people.d.o/~shaleh/, there is one there
currently.  The changelog within the source documents the changes.  Last
night I applied several patches that have been waiting a long time to get in,
Joy's lintian.d.o patch being key among them.  This code has NOT been tested
yet, any people with a little time on their hands are welcome to give it a
try.

Apparently the 5.8 perl also breaks some things, I have not upgraded yet so I
can not say.