Bug#159717: ITP: python-crypto -- Cryptographic algorithms and protocols for Python
Version: N/A; reported 2002-09-05
* Package name : python-crypto
Version : 1.9a4
Upstream Author : A.M. Kuchling <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.amk.ca/python/code/crypto.html
* License : Other (see below)
Description : Cryptographic algorithms and protocols for Python
A collection of cryptographic algorithms and protocols, implemented
for use from Python. Among the contents of the package:
* Hash functions: MD2, MD4, RIPEMD.
* Block encryption algorithms: AES, ARC2, Blowfish, CAST, DES, Triple-DES,
* Stream encryption algorithms: ARC4, simple XOR.
* Public-key algorithms: RSA, DSA, ElGamal, qNEW.
* Protocols: All-or-nothing transforms, chaffing/winnowing.
* Miscellaneous: RFC1751 module for converting 128-key keys
into a set of English words, primality testing.
Distribute and use freely; there are no restrictions on further
dissemination and usage except those imposed by the laws of your
country of residence. This software is provided "as is" without
warranty of fitness for use or suitability for any purpose, express
or implied. Use at your own risk or not at all.
Incorporating the code into commercial products is permitted; you do
not have to make source available or contribute your changes back
(though that would be nice).
I guess this licence is DFSG-Free.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel: Linux alice 2.4.18 #1 Tue Aug 13 21:09:21 CEST 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=de_AT@euro
-- no debconf information