Re: [RFD] optimized versions of openssl

>> Christoph Martin <martin@verwaltung.uni-mainz.de> writes:

 > The idea is to have a standard libssl0.9.6 package with no
 > optimisation and some optional packages like libssl0.9.6-i686 or
 > libssl0.9.6-k7 which can replace libssl0.9.6.

 The shared library is 179 kB.  Why don't you just provide the optimized
 versions in the same package?  Are the any stability/correctness issues
 with the optimized versions?  If there are, what do you say to people
 installing the optimized packages and having trouble because of that?
 "I'm sorry, you installed a package I provide, ergo the problem is your
 fault not mine"?  That doesn't sound right.

--
Marcelo             | Item 47: Ensure that non-local static objects are
mmagallo@debian.org | initialized before they are used