Re: DMA, ide-scsi, devfs by default

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 00:43, Miles Bader wrote:

> What's especially cool is that it hardwires the British (or Australian,
> in this case, I guess) spelling of `disc' as part of the UI

The idea that devfs hardwires anything seems to be very popular.  It is
also completely wrong.  You can use the userspace devfsd to transform
the names however you like.  For example, add these two lines to
/etc/devfs/devfsd.conf, and you'll get the correct[1] spelling.

REGISTER ^discs CFUNCTION GLOBAL mksymlink $devname disks
REGISTER ^discs/disc([0-9]*) CFUNCTION GLOBAL mksymlink ../$devname discs/disk\1

I'm sure there's a way to get rid of the original spelling, too, if you really want.

[1] :)