Re: Menu system rewrite update (Aug 6 2002)

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 09:26:55AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > In fact you are right.  I would vote for a mandatory menu entry for every
> > > program which has a user interface.
> >
> > I "vote" that you get to write the menu file for gnuplot, which after
> > all has a graphical user interface, if it's fed the proper data file.
> Well, gnuplot has in fact a user interface even if is just a text
> interface.  This could be opened via menu (even if I admit that this
> makes not much sense).

Sorry to interrupt your speculations about a gnuplot menu-entry but
it's been in the package for ages (about 1997)... Yes, opening a xterm
with the gnuplot commandline inside is a bit strange but nobody ever
complained and at least it can be found that way.

IMHO the menu is more a way of showing the user which programs are
installed on the machine, thus the entry makes (at least a bit of)
sense.

CU
     Thimo

--
Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 "woody" is finally released! CD-Images are