Bug#157944: ITP: libmpeg2 -- free library for decoding mpeg-2 and mpeg-1 video streams
Version: N/A; reported 2002-08-23
* Package name : libmpeg2
Version : 0.2.1
Upstream Author : Aaron Holtzman <email@example.com> and others
* URL : http://libmpeg2.sourceforge.net/
* License : GPL
Description : free library for decoding mpeg-2 and mpeg-1 video streams
The main goals in libmpeg2 development are:
* Conformance - libmpeg2 is able to decode all mpeg streams that conform to
certain restrictions. For streams that follow these restrictions, libmpeg2 is
probably 100% conformant to the mpeg standards - and there's a pretty
extensive test suite to check this.
* Speed - there has been huge efforts there, and libmpeg2 is probably the
fastest library around for what it does.
* Portability - most of the code is written in C, and when platform-specific
optimizations are used, there always is a generic C routine to fall back on.
This should be portable to all architectures - at least we have heard reports
from people running this code on x86, ppc, sparc, arm and sh4.
* Reuseability - libmpeg2 is not intended to include any project-specific
code, but it should still include enough features to be used by very diverse
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel: Linux aragorn 2.2.21 #1 Thu Aug 8 13:53:32 CEST 2002 i586
Locale: LANG=ca_ES.ISO-8859-1, LC_CTYPE=ca_ES.ISO-8859-1
-- no debconf information