Re: tenative ITP linux-wlan-ng; soliciting advice

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 03:17:21AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Peter Hicks wrote:
> > well, I would hate to dissuade you from packaging the linux-wlan
> > drivers, but I have no trouble using prism2, orinoco, or cisco aironet
> > cards with the stock debian 2.4.18 kernel. Both my lucent card and my
> > smc 2632 use the hermes/orinoco_cs drivers. I tested a cisco card last
> > monday and it worked fine, but I don't have it around to check which
> > drivers it used.
>
> As far as I know wlan-ng is the only game in town for pci prism2 cards.
> And I've done the necessary work to integrate it with
> /etc/network/interfaces already:

No. the hostap dirver is excellent. Written by Jean Tour... something.
He works for SSH Corp. google for "linux prism2 driver". It does pcmcia
and pci brilliantly but doesnt support usb yet. works with prism2/2.5/3
cards - and most orinoco cards too. supports kysmet.

--
Paul (Started packaging modules for it a month ago then went away for a
month... must finish that)