Re: Menu system rewrite update (Aug 6 2002)

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, David B Harris wrote:

> Not sure what you mean, actually :) Could you be more specific about
> "you can not be sur what and how manyitems could be hidden in the menu
> hierarchy"?
I think if people do not understand the philosophy of the menu items
and the idea how to place entries into the leaves of the menu tree
they might need more time to find an item as if they menu structure
would be hammered into stone (policy).  While I would love your flexible
aproach I would like you to keep that fact in mind.  It was no argument
against the freedom you will introduce.  It was just a thought and
the idea to solve this was that there could possibly introduced some
feature to *search* the menu tree for a certain entry - but I have really
no idea how to do that and so it might be a stupid suggestion.

Kind regards

          Andreas.