Re: ITP: maria

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 01:44:42PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> > > The maria-doc package will be around 150KB, the maria core package
> > > around 300KB. Worth splitting off, IMHO.
> >
> > No comment on the "chances" question?
>
> If maria is architecture-dependent, it is certainly worth splitting. Do
> you know that every architecture-dependent package is built on 11
> architectures ?

maria (core) would be architecture dependant, while the doc is of course
not. This, and the fact that the size of the doc is a significant
portion of the total size, is the reason to split.

Besides, I guess that any user of maria will need access to the doc,
be it online or on a paper. However, he could also downlad a PDF
version from the maria web site (University of Helsinki).

-Ralf.