Re: intel's Linux compiler w/ Debian

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 11:09:46AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> about contacting intel in order to make them offer .deb-packages besides
> the (braindead IMHO) .rpm-packages they offer now. Not with much luck
I don't think you'll be lucky with that...
we (at the physics department of the Freie Unversiät Berlin) use the icc
and ifc for better performance in numerics... are even registrated
there.
when we asked them for cleaning up their rpms (all there rpms contain
some files, which 'overlap' each other, i.e. for debianzing we had to
use alien -g and add 'replaces' for all other intel packages) they
didn't give any constructive answer...
so our "alien" packages are not at all good, but at least the compiler
works...
but intel's support isn't that good at all...

--
c u
henning