Re: [hertzog@debian.org: Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective]

Le Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 12:10:44AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen écrivait:
> moving packages by hand from whatever is the default to whatever we
> want to release isn't making the maintainers' lifes easier.  Plain and
> simple -- it is more work.

Ok. What about offering that possibility to maintainers who are interested by
it ?

Instead of removing the link unstable->testing, we just add another one
t-p-u->testing which is also governed by the testing scripts.

That way, maintainers who want to send updated packages in testing have
a chance to do so even if their usual dependencies would block them in
unstable.

Cheers,