Re: More potato->woody upgrade problems...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: More potato->woody upgrade problems...
- From: Turbo Fredriksson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Aug 2002 10:19:33 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20020731124918.GC16645@dat.etsit.upm.es>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <E17Zoghemail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020731124918.GC16645@dat.etsit.upm.es>
>>>>> "Javier" == Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <email@example.com> writes:
Javier> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 11:46:47AM +0200, Turbo
Javier> Fredriksson wrote:
>> It did.
>> And I've found evidence that I've been hacked! I found a file
>> that was named /plasmatik.tar.gz and a directory /plasmatik
>> with the the content of:
Javier> Please report this to CERT.
Have no idea how to do this...
Javier> I wonder what they used to get into your 'potato' system.
Javier> Were you up to date with security patches?
Not really. It was probably a month or so since I did a upgrade. I never
bothered to take the ssh stuff (on ANY of my machines). To many problems
was reported shortly after the release, and I was to worried/annoyed about
the functionality of it all...
genetic NORAD pits ammunition SDI North Korea toluene congress class
struggle 747 nuclear smuggle jihad Ft. Bragg security
[See http://www.aclu.org/echelonwatch/index.html for more about this]