Debian archives

Yo!

I'm just an interested bystander, not a dd (yet). Following the
discussions on creating a 'candidate', I see that I don't know enough of
the current situation to understand half of the arguments.

So, please somebody complete/correct my worldview.

experimental
	not autobuilt
	no automatical propagation to anywhere
	not in ftp.debian.org/debian/dists
unstable
	autobuilt
	autopropagation to testing
testing-proposed-upgrades
	Kinda like unstable, but pkgs are (auto???) built against
	testing? What kind of things do people put here?
	Auto-propagation to testing in discussion?
testing
	pkgs come in from unstable, without being rebuilt
	This is frozen before releases.
stable-proposed-upgrades
	things people would like to see in stable point release
	auto-nothing
stable
	the former frozen testing + lots of work

And, security.debian.org is somehow parallel to this namespace,
maintained by the security team (and they do a great work. Thanks!). Why
is it not 'just' another archive testing-security and stable-security?
And, there seems to be some packages appearing in testing security
updates - I thought there was officially no support? So, should I
include security.d.o/../testing and testing-p-u on my (mostly) testing
system sources.list?

Not in this list are of course the alpha packages archives people set
up, like kde3 or XF4.2, and those of other organisations/companies
(ximian, blackdown). There seems not to be any comprehensive list of
what exists - the one I had an URL a few weeks ago has not been updated
in a long while.

Thanks & cheers
-- vbi

--