Re: Shared library defines a RPATH

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 05:50:50PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > It may point to the wrong place in the target machine,
>
> DT_RPATH must be ignore for shared objects, but not for executables.  At
> least this is what I gathered from reading the ELF standard.
>
> Have you actually experienced this?  I have never tried it, so I don't know.

Now that you forced me to really think about it, I haven't seen it for
libraries, at least not yet.  I did get broken executables that wanted libs
from the wrong place, however :(

I don't know if ld.so ignores DR_RPATH for shared objects, but if it goes
against the spec, it is a bug in ld.so...

  Henrique Holschuh