Re: Debian (would like) to do list

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 17:06, Oohara Yuuma wrote:
> Note that rebuilding the package does not necessarily produce .deb with
> the same md5sum unless it has very strict build-dependency.

Even the strictest build dependency won't guarantee the same md5 checksum.
Some compilers like to put the time stamps in the object files (an Ada
compiler I once uses did that).  Also many programs compile in the Unix
account name or UID of the person who ran the compile or the date/time of the
compile (the kernel is a good example of this with machine-name, user-name,
date/time, and attempt at compiling).