Re: Shared library defines a RPATH

I demand that Brian May may or may not have written...

> On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 10:21:17PM +0200, Mikael Hedin wrote:
>> See ogle eg.  There are 9 small executables in /usr/lib/ogle, and they all
>> use 2 shared libs in the same dir.  They use rpath, and I think it's
>> appropriate.

> Use a wrapper script that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

This is good unless the binary in question needs to be setuid or setgid, e.g.
because it - or a plugin, perhaps - uses svgalib or wants fb access... would
you then be prepared to accept use of rpath?

--
| Darren Salt       | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| Linux PC, Risc PC | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| No Wodniws here   | Toon Army      | demon co uk
|   We've got Shearer, you haven't

The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware that he is wise.