Re: Change Passwd Via Telnet through a Perl WWW Script

Phillip Hofmeister wrote:
I have been thinking about making a perl program that will open a socket to port 23 on the loopback and converse with login and passwd and change a password via a www page.

Surely there's a better way of doing this. I'm not exactly an expert on PERL, but I'd imagine that it's capable of performing the necessary authentication and updating the password information itself. If not, spawning a 'su $user' and running 'passwd' without involving telnet would still more desirable than what you are suggesting.

Phil