Re: interfaces, mapping, etc

So it'd be nice if ifdown directed this message to /dev/null:

Scheme changed to home.
Reinitializing wlan0..cat: /var/run/dhclient.pid: No such file or
directory

(dhclient is broken here; doesn't run currently)

It would be very nice if ifup returned a proper error code here:

Scheme changed to fake.
Reinitializing wlan0..Ignoring unknown interface wlan0=wlan0-fake.
done.

I have code in there to catch errors and recover, but it returns 0. Oh
well, I can grep around in ifstate and see what really happened:

root@dragon:/usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples>ifscheme -s fake
Scheme changed to fake.
Reinitializing wlan0..Ignoring unknown interface wlan0=wlan0-fake.
Failed!
Going back to home..done.

--
see shy jo