Re: links in /usr/doc

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 08:18:40AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 25-Jul-2002 Daniel Kobras wrote:
> >>
> >> Ignore lintian. It hasn't been fixed for sarge yet.
> >
> > Current policy lists the symlinks as a must still, and #69311 hasn't
> > been closed yet.  Looks like debhelper was outpacing policy.
> >

> Joey Hess specifically sent out an intent to move forward here.  Everyone
> agreed so he implemented it.  There is a bug on lintian to allow this change
> and I plan to do a new lintian upload in the next couple of weeks.

I don't mind the lintian error, I'm merely wondering which
Standards-Version to put into my control files when I'm well aware my
package violates the current version.  lintian probably suffers from the
same problem as you can only turn off the check for future
Standards-Versions, or checking woody backports will lack accuracy.
(Gotta adore the burocracy...)

Regards,

Daniel.