Re: Debian 3.0r1

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 01:32, Russell Coker wrote:
> Another thing, I'd like to get SE Linux added in a point release.
>
> I believe that the principle of only fixing security bugs in point releases
> is best upheld by allowing new packages that provide extra security features
> to be added.

Not to mention security programs like amavis, scannerdaemon, and
clamav... (as an extra bonus, the first two have moved from contrib into
main).

However, that might be pushing it. Especially as the new version of
amavis-exim (yes, I think it is exim specific) seems to trigger a bug in
the old buggy version of Net::SMTP that is still in Debian :-(.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>