Re: libtool breaking up in "make install DESTDIR=$PWD/debian/tmp"

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:25:11 +0200

>  [ please Cc: me ]

Why not join in -devel?

>  I have a problem with a library I'd considering packaging.
>
>  A single source tarball produces two libraries (call them liba and
>  libb).  libb depends on liba.  Compiling is no problem, but when
>  running:
>
>  $ make install DESTDIR=$PWD/debian/tmp
>
>  libtool installs liba correctly, but when it goes to install libb it
>  dedices it has to relink it (because it was configured for installation
>  in /usr/lib but now it's being installed in $PWD/debian/tmp/usr/lib).
>  While doing this, it screws up, looses track of libb.so.0.0.1 (yes,
>  libb) and bombs out.
>
>  $ ./libtool --version
>  ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.53 2001/09/11 03:18:52)
>
>  Upstream is using automake 1.6 and that's causing grief when trying to
>  regenerate the makefiles, so I can't say for sure if that would fix
>  anything.
>
>  Anyone seen this before?

Yes.

Try searching -mentors archive for LIBRARY_PATH, or for the title
"Libtool for multiple libs in one source package"
or for Message-ID: <20020626013726.GA8873@localhost>

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer