RE: Definite menu code rewrite

> 8. It'd be nice if debmenu was Priority: standard for woody+1.  Our
>    menu system has always been one of our strengths and IMO it's one
>    that should be preinstalled by default.  But that's just me.

if you write it in an interpreted language other than perl, shell or awk this
can not happen unless that language is also moved into standard.

kde has c++ and gnome has c code doing this work already, you could "borrow" it
as a basis.  At least then you could avoid part of the language 'war' and menu
could even be essential (-: