Re: etherconf or ifupdown problem with subnets

> Nearly all the customer netblock allocations we give to customers are
> /28, /29 or /30.  Getting a /24 off RIPE for a single customer is for
> all intents and purposes, impossible.

Universities around the world probally have more IP blocks than you can
count that are non-interlink-type subnets that are /24.  We have at
least 10 where I work for our department.  I think the UMN system as a
whole has at least 3 'class B' subnets.  I think the chopping block day
is coming sometime soon.

Eventually we can all shut up and live in peace when IPv6 is
commonplace.  I need to get one of the ISP's in the area to subscribe to
the IP network as a utility paper and move to them.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/