Re: etherconf or ifupdown problem with subnets

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > I can't see any argument for any other default range, /24 is far too big
> > for any real networks to be "useful".
>
> Still, /24 is the large majority of networks I've seen so far, if
> only because it is what everyone uses for their RFC1918 space.

But for the RFC1918 Class-C space (192.168) the kernel would pick it
anyway.  In fact, if you're using RFC1918, you probably always want the
default classful sizes, because the RFC was written with them in mind.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?