Re: idea: new field for the .changes file

On 12-Jul-2002 Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Lenart Janos wrote:
>> AFAIK, no one did nothing like this yet, but I think a new field should
>> be added the .changes file which indicates the destination of the
>> package.
> It's already there and has been for years. It's called Distribution.

And users who want to play around still need not use it correctly.

Debian works by trust, if the trust structure breaks down so do we.  I can
close every bug in the bts, even use an anonymous account to do it.  I could
upload well hidden trojans in my packages.  Trust is what keeps us going.