Re: NEWS.Debian files

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 01:41:07AM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> Il dom, 2002-07-07 alle 03:13, Joey Hess ha scritto:
>
> > This idea doesn't cover all the cases of ways packages need to be able
> > to log and display information that shouldn't be in debconf, but it does
> > have a certian simplicity and rightness to it that appeals to me, for
> > this particular, very common case. Thoughts?
>
> seems a fine idea to me. also, that kind of notes are better showed at
> the end of installation and having apt or some other tool in the chain
> display and optionally send them all in a single mail would be great.

This sounds like a great idea that addresses many of the problems
raised in the discussion at DebConf. It seems like people might want
to disable the notify-me behavior by default but might still want to
be notified of changes within certain packages. It sounds like what
you're proposing would definitely be flexible enough to allow for this
sort of thing but I'd thought I'd mention it anyway.

--
B. Mako Hill
mako@debian.org