Re: NEWS.Debian files - make apt-listchanges standard?

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 11:01:22PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> Maybe apt-listchanges should be suggested or recommended by apt?  It's a
> fine but not-too-well-known utility.  I love to read the changelogs on
> each upgrade ;) And for those crazy daily-apt-via-cron users: it can send
> the changes via mail, too ;)

This is a common question (how to lead users to packages that they might
use).  I do not think that suggests/recommends will accomplish this goal.  I
think one good idea would be to write a program which fetches the popcon
data and shows the user a list of packages, with descriptions, that are
popular among other users, but which they do not have installed.

--
 - mdz