Re: apt and pin (?)

Julien Danjou@lists.debian-devel@Mon, 1 Jul 2002 06:01:58 +0200:
>  When I build my own package on my system with the lastest source,
>  an "apt-get upgrade" will replace my package; for example
>  if i do "apt-get source --build wmaker" and "dpkg -i wmaker*.deb",=20
>  an "apt-get updgrade" will install the same version of wmaker, but
>  from official Debian repository.

Ahh, yes, I know this problem. Just give your own package a higher
version number and it's gone. Add .0 to to the debian revision so it'll
look like a newer NMU. Any new (non-NMU) release will be seen by apt and
it will be installed, and the release currently in the Debian archive
won't because its version numer is lower.

--
| lintux : :'  :  lintux.cx |  |       Today's random quote:       |