Re: libncurses4 not available for woody?

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 09:39:13PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Walter Tautz wrote:
> > at the very least apt doesn't seem to know about it.
> > Perhaps it should be included as I have some binary
> > only packages converted from commercial rpms.
> > I suppose I could simply get the potato one?
>
> Yes, probably.
>
> Support for ncurses 4 was abandoned in Woody, which only contains
> ncurses 5:
>
> auric!joey(pts/5):~> elmo libncurses5 -e
> libncurses5  stable    5.0-6.0potato2   alpha, arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc
> libncurses5  testing   5.2.20020112a-7  alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
> libncurses5  unstable  5.2.20020112a-8  alpha, arm, hppa, hurd-i386, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

I've received a number of requests to pub libncurses4 back in sid, but
I'm reluctant - among other things it has some known (or at least
suspected) security problems.  Since nothing in Debian uses it I
believe I'll upload a library-only version of it in a couple of days to
oldlibs.