Bug#150695: ITP: oav-update -- OpenAntiVirus virus signature update script using many sites
Version: N/A; reported 2002-06-22
* Package name : oav-update
Version : 0.96
Upstream Author : Matthew Grant <email@example.com
* URL : http://www.anathoth.gen.nz/tarballs/oav-update_0.96-1.tar.gz
* License : GPL2
Description : OpenAntiVirus virus signature update script using many sites
It works with the OpenAntiVirus Project scannerdaemon,
(http://www.openantivirus.org) and clamav, and downloads the latest
OpenAntiVirus signature databases from various Web sites, digitally verifies
them, combines the with local signatures and others from other sources and
repackages them for use with ClamAV and ScannerDaemon with signature checking
Its features are:
* Can download from multiple sources
* Verification of each .credo file using the OAV public keys, including
handling trust levels.
* Repackaging to provide database for ClamAV
* Addition of local signatures
* Repackaging .credo files to unsigned archives for
using ScannerDaemon with kaffe instead of Sun java.
* Best Effort error recovery if one of the sources go bad for a while,
or have corrupt data. This only covers signature verifcation and
decompression. Bad virus data is still not handled gracefully by
* Email notification of errors and problems.
* Updates data files by cpying to a temporary file, and then moving
it into place for seemless updates.
* Gets ScannerDaemon to relaod its virus database on successful update.
-- System Information
Debian Release: 3.0
Kernel: Linux zion 2.4.18-ac1 #1 SMP Wed Feb 27 11:09:10 NZDT 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=en_NZ, LC_CTYPE=en_NZ
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com