Re: debconf2 keysigning

 - no need to read the long key ids

This is such a cool idea I'll figure out what I need to do it and do it. I've got a digital camera that I can probally convince to take photos and pipe them to my laptop and we can display them as it goes.

I'll notify all people allready mailed in and add the md5sum thing in the message sent out as a verification right now. Thats just a good idea.

The thing is, I want to be sure that the photo of the ID system will be acceptable for most signing parties involved. Do you feel that this system will work, or do people feel uncomfortable in such a system. I'm very worried that some people won't feel the ID photos to be secure as looking at the actual ID themselves. Would people trust it if two or three people up front also looked at the ID for some level of authenticity?

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/